Tuesday 3 August 2010

Playing with my Camera.

The 365 project is already paying some dividends for me.  First and foremost, I have learned that I need to find my camera manual and do some serious reading and practicing.  Second, though, is that I have already discovered that it is fun to play.  I documented the process of filling a hummingbird feeder the other day and in the process rediscovered water distortion and learned that shooting through a screen produces interesting patterns.
 I am not sure if the herringbone will show at this size.  I take all my photos on 'fine' and the origingal files are so big that I am afraid to try to upload them.

Most important, though, is looking at the photos of other participants and being awed, amused and admiring.  You will find the entry blog at Sue Snaps.  Go to 'Crew' and page through some of the Flickr and posts that the participants have done so far.

And, for anyone who is interested.  I now have a Flickr address.  I think this is it.  If not, could someone who is more tech savvy please tell me how to do it.  For the record, these snaps are 005/365 and 006/365.  007/365 is at the Flickr site.

6 comments:

  1. I use a Photoshop action to re-size my pics to about 800px. That;s the clickable version. Blogger then re-sizes to 400px for the actual post. Nothing else makes much sense for this medium. Flickr is a different matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image of the measuring cup - that's just a fantastic picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your distorted spoon!

    I'm glad you're having fun playing with your camera. I have been, too! It will be interesting to see how our photos evolve over the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my biggest challenge with this project - I like the idea of learning to see differently, but the technical aspects of photography (and Flickr) hold no interest for me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving the way you're playing with the camera. I like the screen. If you had photoshop, maybe you could crop it so that the screen does show? Anyway, this is *such* a cool project.

    ReplyDelete