Wednesday 6 May 2009

Travellin'

Hi to everyone from glorious Colorado, where we are hanging out at the YD's house and recovering from four hectic days of driving across the continent. (You want the dead raccoon count? No, I thouht not. Not that we hit them; it must be the season when young and silly adolescent raccoons leave home and head for the highways.)
We drove the southern route; crossed into the States at Sarnia (I have never seen such white teeth in my life as those the Customs Officer used to smile at us -- quite a contrast from the Canada Customs patented snarl.) Spent the night at and drove south through Lansing and down, ending up at St Louis or thereabouts. We picked up I 70 and bombed along it to Colorado. We did take one or two detours, notably a morning following the Missouri upstream. It has a lot of water in it; really roaring along. I will add pics when I find my card reader.
We have a lovely lady inside a GPS who tells us where to go and we have named her Effie (for efficient, ha ha, and also so that when we get annoyed with her carping about our choices we can say Effie Off.
Hey, anything is funny while you drive the interstate through Kansas.

7 comments:

  1. Mary, you crack me up. Can't wait to see your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about Canadian Customs people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We call our GPS lady "Noovie." Noovie the Navigator.

    I can't believe you DROVE to COLORADO! That is a long ass way.

    Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I figure if Effie can tell you where to go, you should definitely be allowed to reciprocate.

    Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heh. Effie. (I loved Mad's comment, too.)

    Which part of Colorado? Did you know I used to live there?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many times did you say, "Are we there yet?"
    (I start as soon as we leave the driveway.)

    ReplyDelete